While we are all about health and healthy coffee, here at Lifeboost, we also realize sometimes you need to just treat yourself. So, if it’s your cheat day and you’re looking to indulge a little, we put together a list of Starbucks’ most popular iced coffee drinks you might want to give a try while you are out and about.
Starbucks keeps their menu full of cold coffee beverages all year round - making some of these the perfect cheat treat for iced coffee lovers.
With so many intense coffee flavor drinks listed, getting the best Starbucks iced coffee can be difficult. Whether you love an iced coffee drink with white chocolate mocha sauce or whipped cream and almond milk at Starbucks, our list has you covered.
We've got the best-iced coffee beverages recommendation for Starbucks drinks. And yes, the decision you make is based on your personal preference. Read on to find out more.
3 Types of Starbucks Cold Coffee Beverages
There are three main types of Starbucks cold coffee beverages that you should know. All these beverages are customizable depending on your preference.
- Traditional Iced Coffee Drinks
Traditional iced coffee drinks are brewed hot and then combined with ice water. It's a fast process, unlike cold brew coffee. But, since most Starbucks iced coffee drinks come sweetened, you can inform them of a straight-up coffee before ordering.
- Cold Brew Coffee
At Starbucks, you'll get three types of cold coffees; traditional Starbucks cold brew coffee, Starbucks reserve cold brew, and Starbucks nitro cold brew. The most common add-ins for freshly brewed coffee are pumpkin cream, Irish cream, vanilla, sweet cream, honey almond milk, and salted caramel cream.
While the traditional cold brew is made by stepping ground coffee for 20 hours in cold water, the nitro cold brew is infused with nitrogen gas, and the reserve cold brew is a bolder version of Starbucks' traditional cold brew coffee.
- Iced Espresso Drinks
This is the largest Starbucks cold coffee category that is easy to customize. Each espresso drink combines ice, cold milk, and any syrup like vanilla syrup. The various types of iced espresso drinks are mentioned at the bottom of the article. If you want a broader drink, go for iced espresso.
9 Best Starbucks Iced coffee drinks
Below are the most popular and loved iced coffee drinks with their ingredients at Starbucks. These top 9 lists are the ones that most customers purchase. Beware, this list doesn't follow any particular order as there are always the best-iced coffees to get at Starbucks.
1. Starbucks Cold Brew Coffee
This is a low-calorie option that Starbucks takes seriously. It is a daily in-store made cold brew made in small batches. Its custom blend of Latin and African coffee beans makes it a favorite for many coffee lovers.
The grounds are steeped in cold water for around 20 hours. It results in a smooth and refreshing Starbucks iced coffee drink. The cold brew is worth trying, especially for those on a diet. It's higher in caffeine and brings in fewer calories than some Starbucks drinks.
- Ingredients: Brewed coffee and ice
- Caffeine: 205 mg
- Calories: 5
2. Starbucks Nitro Cold Brew
Nitro cold brew is a low-calorie option introduced by Starbucks in 2015. It's a silky smooth version of classic cold brew. The brewing method reduces acidity, making it sweeter than regular iced coffee drinks. The best part is nitro cold brew is infused with nitrogen gas, thus more sweetness and no added sugars.
Starbucks nitro cold brew is a bubbly, sweet cream cold brew. It's so cold that it doesn't need ice. If you are a nitro cold brew lover, order this cuisine with a vanilla sweet cream cold cream.
- Ingredients: Brewed Cold coffee and nitro gas
- Calories: 5
- Caffeine: 280 mg
- Sugars: 0
3. Iced White Chocolate Mocha
This is the best Starbucks iced coffee if you're a white chocolate lover. This sweeter iced white chocolate mocha coffee includes some espresso shots, and it's well formulated with milk, mocha sauce, and ice. Also, it contains a top-off whipped cream.
For those searching for a good choice of alterations and variations, especially with other syrup, this Starbucks iced white coffee is worth it.
- Ingredients: white chocolate sauce, milk, brewed espresso, ice, and whipped cream
- Caffeine: 150mg
- Calories 420
- Sugars: 48g
4. Iced Espresso
Looking for the simplest Starbucks coffee beverage? Bring back a pure coffee experience with this iced espresso. This low-calorie option is best, especially during a hot summer day. Iced espresso is more of espresso served over ice with different brews: blonde, dark, or decaf.
Besides, you can customize these Starbucks coffee drinks with milk, sweetened whipped cream, or classic syrup like brown sugar syrup, chocolate syrup, or hazelnut syrup.
- Ingredients: Brewed espresso and ice
- Calories: 10
- Caffeine: 150 mg
- Sugars: 0g
5. Iced Caramel Macchiato
Iced caramel macchiato is the best-selling classic Starbucks iced coffee to try if you have not. For a balance of flavors, this iced coffee is made of vanilla syrup and iced espresso with a touch of caramel syrup or cream for real sugar, thus adding sweetness.
If you want a top off, turn your drink into a dessert with whipped cream on top of the iced caramel macchiato.
- Ingredients: Ice, milk, brewed espresso, caramel sauce, and vanilla syrup
- Calories: 250
- Caffeine: 150 mg
- Sugar: 34g
6. Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold brew is an all-time cold brew you can always count on. It's made with a slowly steeped custom blend. It's a simple drink of cold brew coffee topped with sweet vanilla cream. Sometimes trying simple drinks is the best!
- Ingredients: brewed coffee, ice, vanilla, sweet cream
- Calories: 110
- Caffeine: 185 mg
- Sugars: 14g
7. Iced Coffee
Starbucks iced coffee is one of Starbucks' classics. If you're craving traditional iced coffee, then Starbucks iced coffee is best. More so, it's also best to cut caffeine intake compared to other cold brews. Iced coffee is also the cheapest Starbucks iced coffee.
You can sweeten it with classic syrup, then serve it over ice. You can also consider different variations for different syrups, milk, or dairy-free milk.
- Ingredients: Brewed coffee, ice, classic syrup
- Calories: 80
- Caffeine: 165 mg
- Sugars: 25 g
8. Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew
Starbucks salted caramel cream cold brew is a twist of vanilla sweet cream cold brew with a huge fan base. It is topped with salted caramel syrup for a more decent experience.
- Ingredients: Brewed coffee, ice, milk, vanilla syrup, salted caramel cream
- Calories: 220
- Caffeine: 185 mg
- Sugars: 25 g
9. Iced Shaken Espresso
Are you looking for a more intense drink experience than an iced latte? Iced shaken espresso drinks are the best Starbucks iced coffees. This classic drink consists of the Starbucks signature espresso roast, whole milk (2%), classic syrup, and ice. It's shaken before serving as espresso and has another shot of espresso. This iced coffee is flavorful with fewer sugars making it a favorite for many coffee lovers.
- Ingredients: brewed espresso, ice, milk, and classic syrup
- Caffeine: 225mg
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 14g
- More details about the best-iced coffee to get at Starbucks
Starbucks has more iced coffee drinks than you think. These include;
- Cold brew
- Nitro cold brew
- Iced Americano
- Iced coffees
- Iced shaken espresso
- Iced flat whites
- Iced latte
- Iced macchiato
- Iced mochas
- Iced clover brewed coffees
- Iced Tea
Before Ordering the Best Cold & Iced Starbucks Coffee Drinks, What Should You Know?
The least expensive option to get Starbucks cold coffee beverages is to opt for a traditional iced coffee/ iced espresso prepared using hot coffee over ice.
If you are looking for a decaf iced coffee drink, then Starbucks iced decaf espresso is the best.
There are available Starbucks drinks suitable for those on sugar. Ask for Starbucks no sugar iced coffee with 80 calories. And that is not worth it if you are on a diet.
Starbucks Iced Coffees Secret Ingredients
Cookies & Cream Cold Brew
This iced coffee drink is sweet and creamy, making it perfect for coffee lovers at any time of the day. The cream flavor and delicious cookies have hints of white mocha. For a fresh experience, order this iced coffee to calm your cravings.
Ingredients and procedure
- A vanilla sweet cream cold foam. Then cold brew it with two pimps of vanilla
- Add white mocha (4-pumps)
- Add regular mocha (2-pumps) to the cold foam
- Top up with mocha cookie crumble toppings.
Cinnamon Roll Cold Brew
This is Starbucks' fun favorite secret menu. Cinnamon roll cold brew hints sweet cinnamon flavor and spice to make it more delicious. For coffee lovers, this is an icy beverage to always count on.
Ingredients and procedure
- Buy a venti cold brew with white mocha(4-pumps)
- Add sweet cream and cinnamon dolce syrup (2-pumps) to the foam
- Add cinnamon dolce topping
Butterbeer Cold brew
You can order this mouthwatering butter brew from any local Starbucks. A butter brew is one of a kind, and you can't risk passing it on.
Ingredients and what to order
- Vanilla sweet cream cold brew
- Add cinnamon dolce (3-pumps) and toffee nut (3 pumps)
- Add caramel (4 pumps)
- Used toppings are caramel drizzle, cinnamon dolce, and vanilla sweet cream cold foam
Blackberry Caramel Macchiato
The best way to brighten up any sweet drink is by adding fruits. Starbucks blackberry caramel macchiato is a colorful twist on classic cuisine. Caramel and blackberries are a good match with proof from this macchiato.
Ingredients & what to order
- A venti iced macchiato
- Add a scoop of blended blackberries
- Use vanilla sweet to create toppings blended with caramel drizzle and blackberries.
Strawberry Funnel Cake Cold Brew
Most people go for funnel cakes, especially during cold weather. Opt for a strawberry funnel cake drink from Starbucks to satisfy your cravings.
Ingredients & what to order
- Buy a venti cold brew
- Add white mocha (3-pumps) and a funnel cake syrup (3-pumps)
- Top with blended strawberry puree and vanilla sweet cream foam
- Top with funnel cake topping and strawberry drizzle
Cookie Butter Iced Latte
If you're a raw cookie butter lover, then this Starbucks cookie butter iced latte, consider this cuisine. It is more of a sweeter and lighter version of dirty chai.
Ingredients and what to order
- Buy Iced chai latte combined with chai syrup (2 pumps)
- Add brown sugar syrup (3-pumps)
- Add one shot of blonde espresso
Iced Dirty Chai
Try this dirty chai at least once in a while for a great beverage experience. This delicious and spicy dirty chai has everything nice. You can take it during the cold or hot seasons as it's amazing whether hot or cold.
Ingredients and what to order
- Order an iced chai latte and espresso.
Baby Yoda Cold Brew
Are you a matcha latte lover? This delicious and yummy green cold brew is beckoning to you. Once you taste it, you may get addicted to it!
Ingredients & what to order
- A venti cold brew with white mocha (4 pumps)
- Add a sweet cream foam with a scoop of matcha powder
Official Complete Starbucks List of Cold Coffee Drinks
- Irish Cream Cold Brew
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew
- Honey Almondmilk Cold Brew
- Starbucks Reserve Cold Brew
- Starbucks Cold Brew Coffee
- Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
- Starbucks Cold Brew Coffee with Milk
Iced Shaken Espresso
- Iced Brown Sugar Oat Milk Shaken Espresso
- Iced Chocolate Almond Milk Shaken Espresso
- Iced Shaken Espresso
- Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte
- Iced Chestnut Praline Latte
- Iced Caramel Brulee Latte
- Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Iced Honey Oat Milk Latte
- Starbucks Reserve Iced Latte
- Starbucks Reserve Iced Hazelnut Bianco Latte
- Iced Caffee Latte
- Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Iced Starbucks Blonde Vanilla Latte
- Iced White Chocolate Mocha
- Iced Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha
- Iced Toasted White Chocolate Mocha
- Iced Peppermint Mocha
- Iced Caffe Mocha
- Starbucks Reserve Iced Dark Chocolate Mocha
Iced Clover Brewed Coffees
- Iced Starbucks Reserve Christmas Clover
- Iced Costa Rica Naranjo Clover Starbucks Reserve
- Iced Hawaii Kau Clover Starbucks Reserve
- Iced Clover Brewed Breakfast Blend
- Iced Caffe Verona Clover
- Iced Clover Brewed decaf Espresso Roast
- Iced Espresso Roast Clover
- Iced Ethiopia Clover
- Iced French Roast Clover
- Iced Clover Brewed Gold Coast Blend
- Iced Guatemala Antigua Clover
- Iced Clover Brewed Italian Roast
- Iced Clover Brewed Kenya
- Iced Komodo Dragon Clover
- Iced Pike Place Roast Clover
- Iced Veranda Blend Clover
- Iced Organic Yukon Blend Clover
- Iced Clover Brewed Starbucks Willow Blend
- Iced Decaf Sumatra Clover
- Iced Sumatra Clover
- Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato
- Iced Caramel Macchiato
- Iced Coffee
- Iced Coffee With Milk
- Iced Espresso
Iced Flat Whites
- Iced Flat White
- Iced Honey Almond milk Flat White
At Starbucks, you get a huge selection of iced coffee drinks to select from and the best Starbucks iced coffee depends on personal preference. Starbucks even provides recipes for each of its drinks; so if you want to indulge a bit with one of their iced mochas but prefer your low acid Lifeboost brew, you can get the best of both worlds when mixing up your cheat day brew at home.
Frequently Asked Questions about Best Coffee from Starbucks
Can you have Starbucks iced coffee without coffee?
You can request a version of Starbucks iced coffee drinks without coffee. You can order a caffeine-free Starbucks iced coffee if you're avoiding caffeine.
Can you make Starbucks iced coffee at home?
Yes. Making delicious Starbucks iced coffee drinks at home is possible if you don't want to leave your house. Various Starbucks recipes can help you throughout the process. Besides, Starbucks provides some recipes for popular iced coffee to make at home. This includes iced caramel macchiato and vanilla sweet cream cold brew, amongst other hot coffee drinks.
What is the lowest calorie Starbucks iced coffee?
There are many drinks with calories below 100. The lowest calorie Starbucks iced coffee is Nitro cold brews with one calorie. Other drinks include:
- 54 calories in peach ice tea.
- 35 calories in hibiscus iced coffee drinks.
- 75 calories in a nitro latte.
What is the most ordered coffee in Starbucks? ›
1. Vanilla Latte. One of the most basic Starbucks drinks on the menu, right next to the classic cappuccino, the vanilla latte remains one of the most popular drinks even today. This popularity is especially telling in the face of all the Instagram and TikTok-famous drinks Starbucks offers.What is the number 1 Starbucks drink? ›
According to a Mashed poll, 28% of voters selected caramel as the best Starbucks Frappuccino flavor. Ingredients for the Caramel Frappuccino include ice, whole milk, Frappuccino roast, caramel syrup, caramel drizzle, and whipped cream.
The sweetest iced coffee at Starbucks is the caramel iced coffee. It is a perfect blend of coffee, milk, and caramel syrup. It is a perfect pick-me-up for any time of day.What is the most popular iced coffee flavor? ›
This is one of the most popular cold coffee drinks out there. Iced Mocha consists of equal parts espresso, milk, and chocolate syrup. The ingredients are then blended to create a fun summer drink. If you want to add some extra flavor, try adding vanilla or almond extract instead of chocolate.
1. Caramel Macchiato. The caramel macchiato is a quintessential Starbucks drink. Steamed milk and espresso are paired with vanilla syrup and topped with a caramel drizzle, each of which gives the caffeinated drink a sweet taste.What is America's #1 coffee? ›
|1||Dunkin' Donuts||J.M. Smucker|
|2||Green Mountain Coffee||Keurig Green Mountain|
- Caramel Macchiato. ...
- Caffe Mocha. ...
- Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew. ...
- White Chocolate Mocha. ...
- Caramel Frappuccino. ...
- Salted Caramel Cold Brew. ...
- Starbucks Reserve Dark Chocolate Mocha. ...
- Iced Chocolate Almond Milk Shaken Espresso.
1. Starbucks. With more than 30,000 retail stores in 83 countries, Starbucks clearly is one of the leading, most prominent and popular coffee chain in the world.What should I order at Starbucks if I like sweet coffee? ›
- Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappuccino. ...
- White Chocolate Mocha Frappuccino. ...
- Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino. ...
- Strawberries & Cream Frappuccino Blended Beverage. ...
- Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte. ...
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. ...
- Hot Butterbeer Latte. ...
- Cinnamon Roll Frappuccino.
Choose an iced mocha if you want an extra sweet drink.
If you want a creamy, sweet coffee, you may want to order an iced mocha, which will contain espresso, cold milk, and syrup. A typical mocha contains chocolate syrup, but caramel or other flavors may also be available.
Who has the best Starbucks order? ›
- The Classic – Cappuccino. If all else fails, order their cappuccino. ...
- Caffe Americano. No milk, no sugar, just pure, unadulterated COFFEE. ...
- Signature Hot Chocolate. ...
- Java Chip Frappuccino – The OG. ...
- White Mocha Caramel Cold Brew. ...
- Coffee Frappuccino.
A Frappuccino is the menu item to get at Starbucks if you don't like coffee. With its icy consistency, sweetness, and subtle coffee flavor, it tastes more like ice cream than coffee, despite its shot (or two) of espresso.
Veranda / Blonde Roast Coffee
Starbucks' Blonde Roast (also known as Veranda Blend) is by far the strongest coffee on the Starbucks menu. If you need a coffee to wake you up, the blonde roast will do it.
This beverage is more prevalent in America than other coffee drinks like cappuccinos because it contains less foam, making it smoother and gentler for those with sensitive palettes. And if you want to spice up your latte, add some flavouring syrup.
Gaviña Coffee: A McDonald's Coffee Supplier | McDonald's.Which coffee is best for health? ›
The healthiest way to take your coffee is hot-brewed and black. One cup has virtually no calories or carbs, no fat, and is low in sodium. Black coffee also has micronutrients, including potassium, magnesium, and niacin.What is the famous TikTok Starbucks drink? ›
TikTok Iced White Mocha
To order, ask for a venti Iced White Chocolate Mocha. Top it with sweet cream foam and load it with extra caramel drizzle. That means all around the inside of the cup and on top if you're feelin' feisty.
- Honey Citrus Mint Tea (Medicine Ball)
- Mint Majesty.
- Chai Tea.
- Peach Tranquility Tea.
- Jade Citrus Mint Brewed Tea.
- Starbucks Royal English Breakfast Tea.
- Steamed Apple Juice.
- Passion Coldbuster Tea.
- Black Americano.
- Soy latte.
- Cafe misto with soy.
- Soy mocha frappuccino.
- Cappuccino with soy milk.
- Soy hazelnut latte.
- Pike place roast.
- Green tea frappuccino without whipped cream.
Espresso. The most popular coffee drink in the entire world is espresso. Espresso originates from Italy and is produced by forcing small amounts of boiling water through finely ground coffee beans.
What are the top 5 coffees in the world? ›
- 1) Hawaii Kona Coffee. ...
- 2) Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee. ...
- 3) Panama Geisha Coffee. ...
- 4) Sulawesi Toraja Coffee. ...
- 5) Tanzania Peaberry Coffee. ...
- 6) Mocha Java Coffee. ...
- 7) Ethiopian Harrar Coffee.
- Best overall: Starbucks French Roast Whole Bean Coffee.
- Best decaf: Starbucks Decaf Pike Place Coffee.
- Best ground coffee: Starbucks Sumatra.
- Best medium-dark roast: Starbucks Caffé Verona Coffee Beans.
- Best for espresso: Starbucks Espresso Roast Whole Bean Coffee.
- Best light roast: Starbucks Veranda Blend Whole Bean Coffee.
The easiest is to ask for a couple more pumps of syrup or ask to add more sweetener. While there are a variety of syrups on offer at Starbucks, their Classic syrup (half sugar, half water) is probably the most efficient way to add significant sweetness to your drink.How do you ask for a sweet coffee at Starbucks? ›
There are a few different ways that you can do this. One way is to ask for a pump or two of syrup. The most popular syrups at Starbucks are vanilla and caramel, but they also have other flavors like hazelnut, raspberry, and even pumpkin spice. Another way to make your coffee sweet is to order a flavored coffee.What is the least bitter coffee at Starbucks? ›
Generally speaking, the least bitter coffee at Starbucks is going to be their blonde roast. This coffee is brewed with lighter roasted beans, which tend to be less bitter. Additionally, the blonde roast is typically brewed with a finer grind, which also helps to reduce bitterness.How should I get my iced coffee at Starbucks? ›
To order iced coffee at Starbucks, just ask for a basic iced coffee, then request that your barista add cream, milk, sweetener—whatever you like—to the cup. Remember that a typical iced coffee does not contain added espresso, so go ahead and add a shot of espresso when ordering if you wish.What is the best coffee order for beginners? ›
If you're a beginner who wants to start drinking coffee, we recommend trying a cappuccino, latte, café Americano, or mocha first. Flavored coffee helps you get used to the taste by masking the bitterness with cream, sugar, and other flavors.How do you ask for vanilla iced coffee at Starbucks? ›
So, how do you make a French Vanilla Iced Coffee at Starbucks? First, start by ordering a Venti Iced Coffee. Then, ask for three pumps of vanilla syrup.What should I add to my iced coffee? ›
Serving Suggestions. Vanilla syrup, cinnamon syrup, and brown sugar syrup all taste great with iced coffee. Add chocolate syrup to turn iced coffee into an iced mocha. To cream, flavor, and sweeten all at once replace the half & half and simple syrup with coffee creamer like my easy, homemade French vanilla creamer.
How do you ask for iced coffee? ›
Tell the barista what type of coffee you want.
Be specific about whether you want an iced coffee, cold brew, iced latte, or a different kind of iced drink. If there are different types of iced coffee available, specify which one you want.
Vara instead advises customers to ask for a specific amount of ice, along the lines of: "Can I only get six pieces of ice?" However, he adds that some locations might choose to charge extra for this specification, so it will only work in some.